- Van Shuler, (India 67-69), 108, the oldest living Peace Corps Volunteer, has passed away. She will be missed by us all. For more information, click here. (9/8/2014)
- Proposed India 13 and 14 Reunion--- In a blink of the eye – Just 49 years ago, India 13 and 14 Volunteers were settling into their assignments in the former states of Punjab, Mysore, Kerala and Andhra. Staff at the University of California, Davis, where these groups trained, would love to have a reunion of India-13 and 14ers and have accommodations available on campus April 25-27, 2015. Also concessional airfares into Sacramento CA are being explored. More Information to be found under Group 13 and 14 - click here. (6/28/2014)
- Help Further Knowledge: Share your RPCV Experiences with Meghan Kallman, PhD Candidate from Brown University by taking a quick online survey. Click here to read about the research and take survey (6/4/2014)
- Paul Stefanacci is organizing a Fall 2014 Reunion for India 33. Click here for more info and to provide contact information (11/4/2014)
- Click here to view videos of speeches from the 2011 FOI picnic during the 50th anniversary. We need your help identifying groups and speakers on the videos. (9/18/2013)
The Friends of India are Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCVs) who served in India from 1961-1976, their families and friends, their Indian supervisors and counterparts, former Peace Corps/India staff and anyone who might have an interest in India and Peace Corps. We are a non-profit organization.
FOI has three goals:
(1) to continue to expand our understanding of India,
(2) provide a channel of communication and information via our newsletter and secure website,
(3) to increase awareness and support of Indian charities.
This web site complements our quarterly Friends of India Newsletter and supports our goals.