- Keep them coming! Two great stories from from Howard Daniel, India RPCV 1968-1970, musings on clothes and tailors and making ice cream by Fran Mola, experiences working a boarding school for 'untouachable girls' by Mary Andrews and a story shared by Donald Camp in the Washington Post (7/10/2016)
- Read about the celebration of the life of William (Hank) Hankins, India III that took place at his home in Baltimore on June 18, 2016 and the follow-up India III mini-reunion. (7/10/1026)
- A beautiful poem by Charles Griffin about his Peace Corps experience (4/15/2016)
- 2015 Charities Update is available here (3/6/2016)
- Memories of India 133, one of the last groups of volunteers in India, by Jospeh McFarlan, is now on their new group page (12/18/2015)
- A wonderful video on the Sanjeevini Trust's, one of FOI's supported charities, latest activities can be found here.(12/11/2015)
- An update on the wonderful work of the Father Fleming Fund (10/25/2015)
- We are creating an archive of memories about our experiences. See the Stories to Share page and in Photos and Videos on the right bar of the home page. (10/12/2015).
- Click here to view videos of speeches from the 2011 FOI picnic during the 50th anniversary. We need your help identifying groups and speakers on the videos. (9/18/2013)
The Friends of India are Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCVs) who served in India from 1961-1976, their families and friends, their Indian supervisors and counterparts, former Peace Corps/India staff and anyone who might have an interest in India and Peace Corps. We are a non-profit organization.
FOI has three goals:
(1) to continue to expand our understanding of India,
(2) provide a channel of communication and information via our newsletter and secure website,
(3) to increase awareness and support of Indian charities.
This web site complements our quarterly Friends of India Newsletter and supports our goals.