- Larry Brown recently returned to India to attend the wedding of the grandson of his good friend, I.M. Mandappa. Read about his adventures here (10/15/2016).
- Gnanmithra Jettappa of Sanjeevini Trust honored as a Public Hero of the Year. Click here to read more. (8/8/2016)
- We are creating an archive of memories about our experiences on the Stories to Share page. Some recent additions: Two great stories from from Howard Daniel, India RPCV 1968-1970, musings on clothes and tailors and making ice cream by Fran Mola, experiences working a boarding school for 'untouachable girls' by Mary Andrews and a story shared by Donald Camp in the Washington Post (7/10/2016)
- Read about the celebration of the life of William (Hank) Hankins, India III that took place at his home in Baltimore on June 18, 2016 and the follow-up India III mini-reunion. (7/10/2016)
- A beautiful poem by Charles Griffin about his Peace Corps experience (4/15/2016)
- Click here to view videos of speeches from the 2011 FOI picnic during the 50th anniversary. We need your help identifying groups and speakers on the videos. (9/18/2013)
The Friends of India are Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCVs) who served in India from 1961-1976, their families and friends, their Indian supervisors and counterparts, former Peace Corps/India staff and anyone who might have an interest in India and Peace Corps. We are a non-profit organization.
FOI has three goals:
(1) to continue to expand our understanding of India,
(2) provide a channel of communication and information via our newsletter and secure website,
(3) to increase awareness and support of Indian charities.
This web site complements our quarterly Friends of India Newsletter and supports our goals.