- ND Krishnamurthy (NDK), Peace Corps India Language Officer, facing a health challenge. (11/22/2014)
- A report on the amazing work of the Father Fleming Foundation, an FOI Charity (11/19/2014)
- In Jack's latest President's Message, he called for an archive of memories about our experiences. His call has resulted in responses from Ray Myers and George Nepert. See all responses on the Stories to Share page and in Photos and Videos on the right bar of the home page. (11/19/2014)
- November 2014 Newsletter is available to read here. (11/3/2014)
- Mike Lipman's Wonderful Essays on the South Asia Pure Water Initiative are here. Photos here.
- Proposed India 13 and 14 Reunion--- In a blink of the eye – Just 49 years ago, India 13 and 14 Volunteers were settling into their assignments in the former states of Punjab, Mysore, Kerala and Andhra. Staff at the University of California, Davis, where these groups trained, would love to have a reunion of India-13 and 14ers and have accommodations available on campus April 25-27, 2015. Also concessional airfares into Sacramento CA are being explored. More Information to be found under Group 13 and 14 - click here. (6/28/2014)
- Click here to view videos of speeches from the 2011 FOI picnic during the 50th anniversary. We need your help identifying groups and speakers on the videos. (9/18/2013)
The Friends of India are Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCVs) who served in India from 1961-1976, their families and friends, their Indian supervisors and counterparts, former Peace Corps/India staff and anyone who might have an interest in India and Peace Corps. We are a non-profit organization.
FOI has three goals:
(1) to continue to expand our understanding of India,
(2) provide a channel of communication and information via our newsletter and secure website,
(3) to increase awareness and support of Indian charities.
This web site complements our quarterly Friends of India Newsletter and supports our goals.